SELS Living in Berkeley

Do I need health insurance?


This is very important. According to the Health services center on campus: “All students enrolled in UC Berkeley Summer Sessions may use the Tang Center for medical services. Students will have to pay for services at the time of service and submit a claim to their insurer for reimbursement.”

Some resources:

More information about summer students and health insurance(link is...

I’m having trouble finding housing for the summer in Berkeley. Where can I go?

Check out the Berkeley Summer Sessions housing website(link is external) to see compiled information on University residence halls, student cooperative housing, and other options. Many students in the Summer English Language Studies program decide to live in International House...

Will I need a car in Berkeley? How can I get around?

It is definitely not necessary to have a car in the San Francisco Bay Area. Check out the local public transit options(link is external), such as AC Transit(link is external),...