I am waiting on an AP or IB score - why should I consider taking the Assessment in May?

If you are interested in enrolling in an Reading and Composition course during the fall semester, then satisfaction of Entry Level Writing  must be confirmed before the start of enrollment in mid-July. It may be to your advantage to take the Assessment in the annual May date as a back up in case you do not receive the minimum score needed on your AP or IB exam. 

If you decide not to take the Assessment in May, and you do not receive a qualifying AP or IB exam score, you can still take a make-up Assessment during the fall or spring semester and postpone enrollment in a Reading and Composition course. Alternatively, you can bypass the Assessment and enroll directly in the COLWRIT R1A course in fall or spring semester. COLWRIT R1A completed with a letter grade of C or higher satisfies both Entry Level Writing  and Reading and Composition Part A.