Margi Wald, Summer Writing Consultant, is available by-appointment to work on any aspect of an in-progress assignment for CW R1A:
- a brainstorm about an assignment
- an outline, first draft, or reverse outline
- a draft with instructor or peer feedback
- a later draft you want to polish
30-minute Zoom appointments
- Mondays 6:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesdays 8:00-10:00 pm
- Times subject to change based on student requests
- Sign up for an appointment on the Consultation Sign-Up Calendar.
- Cut off for sign-ups is 3:00 pm the day of the appointment.
- If you sign up after 3:00 pm, Margi's attendance is not guaranteed.
- If you want Margi to read your draft before your appointment (not required), email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Same 3:00 pm day-of deadline.
- She will read drafts for appointments only.
- Do not email a draft if you do not have an appointment.
*** When Face-to-Face Classes Resume:
We have faculty consultants available to mentor you and support you in revising a College Writing R1A essay-in-progress during the following posted drop-in hours. You don’t need an appointment—you can drop in with these instructors at these times for a consultation. All of the faculty have years of experience teaching writing and can work with all students. Below find listed highlights of the specialties for each faculty member -- though all College Writing Programs faculty have experience in each of the various areas.
Have access to a copy of what you’re working on as well as specific questions to discuss either individually with a faculty member or in a group setting where you can ask questions as needed of the facilitating faculty member or peers while you work on your writing.
Our summer writing consultant is available by-appointment to work on any aspect of a writing assignment for CW R1A -- from an outline or notes from a reading/film to an early draft to a draft with feedback from the instructor or peers to a later draft.
[PDF icon] See this flyer for tips on how to make the most of your meeting.